Individual customer — we attempt to collect, verify, and authenticate the following information:
- Full legal name;
- Social Security Number (“SSN”) or any comparable identification number issued by a government;
- Date of birth (“DOB”);
- Proof of identity (e.g., driver’s license, passport or government-issued ID);
- Home address (not a mailing address or P.O. Box); and
- Additional information or documentation at the discretion of our Compliance Team.
How We Share Personal Information With
We may share your personal information with:
- Third party identity verification services in order to prevent fraud. This allows IronChain to confirm your identity by comparing the information you provide us to public records and other third-party databases;
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as bill collection, marketing, and technology services. Our contracts require these service providers to only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us, and prohibit them from selling your information to anyone else;
- Financial institutions with which we partner;
- Companies or other entities that purchase IronChain assets pursuant to a court-approved sale under U.S. Bankruptcy law;
- Law enforcement, and officials, or other third parties when:
- We are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure; or
- We believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our User Agreement; and
- Other third parties with your consent or direction or any third party that might be required by law.
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, we may from time to time send direct marketing materials promoting services, products, facilities, or activities to you using information collected from you.
We cannot agree to obligations of confidentiality or nondisclosure with regard to any unsolicited information you submit to us, regardless of the method or medium chosen. By submitting unsolicited information or materials to IronChain, you or anyone acting on your behalf, agree that any such information or materials will not be considered confidential or proprietary.
Transmission of information via regular email is inherently insecure – so please DO NOT do so. Contact us if you need to submit sensitive personal information and we can arrange for a method of secure transmission. The definition of sensitive personal information varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. For your own protection, assume all of your information to be sensitive and act accordingly.